Super Normal 7 Day Roguelike
Descend to the 10th floor and recover the precious treasure!
- @ - The adventurer (You)
- D - A fire breathing Dragon.
- G - Gelcube, immune to melee attacks.
- K - A vicious Kobold.
- > - Stairs down to the next level.
- # - An impassable wall.
- . - Floor.
- * - A fireball (watch the smoke trail to gauge its direction)
- $ - The Precious Treasure
- Tap/Left click, or WASD/Arrow Keys.
- Tap/Left click or press 1 or 2 to use.
- Press/Left click and hold on button or Shift+ability# to view ability description.
- Everything has 1 hp, so it's high stakes.
- Touch/click and hold on an enemy to get a description.
- Abilities refresh at the start of a new level.
- There is a display bug where a gelcube that is hit by a fireball doesn't properly appear dead. - possibly fixed, I hope.
- Very rarely the enemies might get off the grid.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
The Animation was good,But I think design also have something need to fixed.
When my luck is really bad,I may die in first step.
- An enemy who steps over the > and then dies on it has their blood hide the >. The two graphics should be able to display simultaneously.
- When two Kobolds are in an "L" relation to each other (both at the ends of the "L" and trying to go to the intersection of the "L"), they get stuck and never move.
- The stationary attack button seems to trigger in odd ways if I try to operate it via mouse: sometimes I click in a diagonal corner to kill two enemies in the adjacent orthogonal directions, but then my attack goes in unexpected directions. The keyboard shortcuts also don't work when it comes to actually triggering the powers (only for Shift+pressing to read their descriptions).
It's a great design, but I keep dying from fireballs; I think it'd be helpful to have them more brightly colored. I was also hoping for an endless mode after getting the $ instead of dying at the final floor! Haha.
Thanks for playing and thanks for the bug reports.
- The blood should fade away after a few seconds, is this not happening?\
- Yeah, that's an annoying thing I tried many times over the week to solve in various ways. Just imagine they are both about to step into the same spot but then politely back away in one of those "after you!", "no after YOU," "no i insist after you!" situations.
- There's no diagonal aiming, just up, down, left, right. I'm not sure what's going on with the shortcut keys. They work for me. It is the 1 and 2 keys.
- I mean the blood animation overwrites the stair graphic so it looks like the stairs become invisible while it is present.
- Oh, so they don't get classified as kobold #1 moving, then kobold #2 moving, etc. in near-simultaneous execution. I thought that would be the way (make one of them move first based on order of procedural generation).
- As for the keys, I'm not sure of what was happening there. I had to click.
I like the hand-drawn ASCII artstyle. The gameplay was fine, but sometimes I would spawn like 2 steps away from the exit, making the floor trivial.
I'm into it! Each level becomes a fun little puzzle to solve.
How do Gelcubes work? 50% chance of action per turn?
I like it. The movement helps to make it feel nice to play. The abilities are simple but useful.
Is this intended as a mobile game? It could probably make a good coffeebreak game.