Music Automata 1
work in progress
- left mouse button down -> draw
- space -> toggle play/pause
- enter -> step forward
- backspace -> reset
cellular automata rules:
- cell can have values [0, max] (max is currently 4)
- cell with less than two neighbors decrements by 1, clamped at 0
- cell with two neighbors stays at current value
- cell with three neighbors increments by 1
- cells that exceed max are set to 0
- cell with more than three neighbors set to 0
- during play mode, the highlighted row is evaluated on each tick.
- each column has a parameter string of 2 hex characters. the 1st character is the audio channel, the 2nd character is the parameter which the cell value will affect.
- there is currently only 5 channels: [0, 4] which contain 5 notes of c major pentatonic scale.
- 0: unused, the column does not affect audio
- 1: volume, this column affect volume of the assigned audio channel
- 2: clip position, this column affects the playback position within the audio clip, 0 means start, 1 is 20% of clip length from start, 2 is 40%, etc.
- 3 to F: unused, the column does not affect audio
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.